McIntosh vs. Krell amp for Home Theater

I am looking at a McIntosh MC207 and a Krell Showcase Amplifier 7. I have MartinLogan Ascent i front speakers and a MartinLogan Cinema i center. I plan to purchase MartinLogan Script i for rear speakers. I am using a B&K Ref 50 preamp. I listen to music and watch movies almost equally. Does anyone have any exprience with these amps.
alanlyon
Actually, McIntosh has really tried to make the 207 very different from the 206. Output trasistors are different and biasing scheme is VERY different. My dealer says the 207 is much more transparent.
I considered Parasound and Sunfire but no dealers in Charlotte had one to demo.

Any other brands in the $6,000 - $7,000 range I should consider.

What are the specs on the mc7106

Alan
hi alan,you can find out about the mc7106 in this link.

{http://www.roger-russell.com/aboutmc.htm}
alan,i was short on time when i posted the link above but i have some time now so i'll expand.

the link i posted above will tell you the specs of the mc7106 but it wont tell you how it performs,the mc7106 isnt the typical mcintosh home theater amp.

i dont really care for the new line of mac ht amps as i think they sound weak & lack dynamics,as aball said above the mc207 may very well be more transparent than the mc206 but im not sure that a transparent sounding amp is what you need to fill the needs of home theater & 2 channel too.

i would think that for home theater an amp with balls would do a better job as you will need all the dynamics you can get,ive tried 28 different mcintosh amps & the mc7106 reminds me of a mc7270 in the way it sounds,extremly dynamic with lots of grunt & pretty good on the detail too,you can have all the detail in the world but if your amp lacks dynamics your all done in ht & ive found that the new line of mac ht amps lack the ability to dig deep when needed.

there are 3 amps within the mcintosh line that are IMO real sleepers,the mc7104 & mc7106 & the mc7200,from all the mcintosh amps ive tried i think that mcintosh has taken giant leaps foward with their 2 channel amps but i also think that they have taken giant steps backwards with their ht amps.

mike.
Mike,

Thank you for all the information. I ended up purchasing an MS402 and will use my existing amp to drive the center and rear speakers. Long term I plan to purchase three MS501 mono blocks to drive the fronts and center and use the 402 to drive the rears.

Thanks,
Alan