The most emotional amp out there?

OK gang, I need your votes for the amp you feel that brings the chills, the goosebumps, yes maybe even a teardrop or two when you sit down and listen to your particular music of choice. Although many responders will automatically think of tubes, I do not necessarily share that "prejudice". I'm trying to find that special amp to mate with my Virgo IIs that really takes me to the heart of the music...as opposed to just performing the requisite audiophile tricks (e.g. imaging, soundstage depth, etc.). I'm tired of appreciating the specific virtues of a well known amplifier that I am auditioning but never really being transported to a place where I forget about the gear and simply am enthralled with the music.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the audiophile thing as much as the next person. But I am searching for the amplifier that will transcend the need to go through the checklist of listening attributes a reviewer does and instead will simply allow me to sit back and just be enveloped by the message that the particular recording artist I am listening to is trying to communicate.

I hope I'm being somewhat inteligible here and thanks for your suggestions.

Gregg
reneaugroup309c
For those who think an amplifier can be emotional, then can a capacitor, a speaker binding post or amp stand also be emotional? It sounds silly to me if you say yes.

If you can't connect to truly great music when played back on lo-fi equipment, then you won't connect to it on a reference quality system either. A well setup synergistically matched system definitely adds something nice to the music, but in the scheme of things its not as important as the performance itself. It's akin to going to a sports arena and the difference between courtside seats and nose-bleed seats. Who wouldn't want the courtside seats? But any seat in the arena is hugely different and better than experiencing the event on TV.
My vote goes to the Audio Research VS110. This amp replaced the famous Naim NAP 250 in my rack, and has all the speed and impact that the Naim was famous for, but with far more detail, nuance, and warmth that the Naim couldn't touch. Other high-end tube amps I've heard never could meet the first part of that equation for me. In my opinion, you need slam to reach the more frantic/excited part of the emotional spectrum.
Tube amp, I don not like to be one sided I kinda pride myself in that but every time I compare a tube to solid state the tube amp always wins. IMHO
In my opinion the Cary CAD-211 (15k/Pair) is the most emotional to my ears but every person is different. I first heard them at CES 2005 with the Cary SLP2005, Cary tube CD player and a pair of Cary speakers. I went back 5 times and finaly had to force myself to leave and not stop in for just one more listen.

Mark