Preamp recommendations for Pass Labs Aleph 30 amp

There are so many preamps out there that I don't know where to start.

I am looking for a neutral sounding preamp with quick pace, excellent air, and tight deep bass to complement my Pass Labs Aleph 30 power amp.

I had an Audio Electronic Supply DJH signature preamp (Cary). It was great in so many ways but I got tired of the dark and slow sound. I realized I like PRAT but want a natural ease in its presentation as well.

I want 4 inputs, 2 outputs and remote. My budget is under $900 used.
My current cdp is a Cary 308. My speakers are fast and detailed high end custom made.
128x128mjcmt
Mthomas.

Which model did you have? Some models are very expensive, so I hope your talking about their cheapest one. Are they very neutral sounding. That is what I got tired of in the long run with the Cary/AES preamp. I realize I like a clear neutral sound with good PRAT.

Mike
I had the VK-3ix which is the newest model for the low end - is a great preamp - didn't even have the remote. You see them pop-up here all the time. Expect to pay about $1500 for a good condition, 1 year old unit...
I have excellent results using the Pass Aleph 30 with Audible Illusions Modulus II and Audio Research LS-7. I use the Spica 50 and a Velodyne subwoofer. I tried other pre amps before, but they did not make the grade. I have never tried any of the Pass pre amps, though.
I think Audio Research tube preamps would be a good match if you like dynamic sound and honest presentation. I own LS-25MkI and it is a very open and dynamic sounding preamp. Should be a very nice match. Fully balanced design, adjustable gain, theater pass-through(if you care about that). Uses 4 6922/6DJ8 tubes.