Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
check out an the experiences of a former cable skeptic in pinkfish audio forum
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum

"Just killed my hifi with a cable change ...."

from a personal perspective, as I moved up the hardware $$ ladder from $2K, to $8K, and now to $35K, I experienced the cables upgrade (~ 10 to 15% of budget) that followed suit with not-subtle similar favourable results in audio improvement and satisfaction.
From my personal experience cables do make a difference. But no where as close to a difference that the room treatments did. I had the Nordost Flat lines and then compared them with Nordost Blue Heavens and Signal Silvers. Currently have the Signals and am happy with them.

Rok2id probably belongs to avsforum, where they believe that ALL speakers, sources, cables and amplifiers sound the same - provided they are "level" matched. For me, it is just like saying all the cars like Doge Neon, Honda Fit, Acura TL, MBZ S500, Lamborghini Avantador and Buggati Veyron drive the same - provided they have the same horsepower...what the!!
the question posed is a variant of "are cables over priced" ?

this subject has been discussed before. the answer is still the same.

its a matter of economics. the value in use = the value in exchange. this means that a cable will sell for a price that the market will bear.

since the market for expensive cables is small, the demand is probably inelastic.

whether expectation, opinion or advertising creates demand is irrelevant. the issue is, does expensive cable sell in sufficient quantities to render viable, business that sell expensive cable?
I wonder who's more fortunate, those whose hearing is so compromised that differences between cables can't be discerned or those like myself who have spent not a small amount of money on cables and experience huge sonic benifits. Can't we just all get along?