This might just be the end of brick and mortar

stores. Music direct just announced there 60 day return policy.
taters
Zd- I think we are talking past each other. I was referring to distribution through internet sales instead of B&M, not both modes for the same lines, and thought that you were, too. I see that you were not. I would note, however, that in the case where internet sales reach a market where B&M is not available, then they would not compete w each other. So IF that were true, then MD's 60 day policy would not be the death of B&M. I know that's a big IF, but we are talking hypothetical.
Well done Ctsooner-

I like having B&M stores. We cannot listen to gear over the net. Furthermore, it is a wonderful thing to establish a relationship w/ an owner of a B&M operation. This cannot be accomplished over the net. Happy Listening!
"11-23-14: Swampwalker
Zd- I think we are talking past each other. I was referring to distribution through internet sales instead of B&M, not both modes for the same lines, and thought that you were, too. I see that you were not."

Yes. I should have been more clear. I was referring to companies that really can't do business any other way than a B&M store.

"I would note, however, that in the case where internet sales reach a market where B&M is not available, then they would not compete w each other. So IF that were true, then MD's 60 day policy would not be the death of B&M. I know that's a big IF, but we are talking hypothetical."

I agree with that, as well. The only thing I would add is that when a company distributes both ways, they usually force the internet type company to sell at list price. Otherwise, it will be direct competition.