In Santana we trust

I just finished listening to my (lp) copy of "Havana Moon".
Wow! I was kind of blown away. I haven't listened to this lp for over a decade. ( My copy happens to be a promotional copy). This was released in 1983. Having said this, it really sounds gooood! Very analog! Side one is really blues based.
All in all, this one was really worth mentioning IMO. Enjoy!
128x128slaw
I also like Carnaverserai. I have my LP set aside to play, just haven't had time to play it.
Ill have to give the music a listen,I have their first 6 LPs or so Caravanserai,Welcome and even Borboletta are still my favorites
The Fabulous Thunderbirds were his backup band on a number of the songs. Jimmy Vaughan vocals shine on this LP. My favorite Santana LP.
Miner42 are you sure about the vocals? Kim Wilson was the vocalist in the T-birds, not JV.
There is a lot of Santana music over the years on my list of things to revisit again when time permits.

Latin musical influences in popular US music seems to be on the rise in recent years and have heard a lot of fantastic related stuff. Santana is the classic rock pioneer of that form in particular over the years.