Need "warm" interconnects advice

Hi, I need some advice on IC cables.
I'm looking for warmer, lusher, more romantic, "gold" type of sound - interconnects...
It seems to me my system is a little bit too detailed and precise. I'm preferring gold/silver or alloy cables, like Gabriel gold or Silnote.
Any advice would be appreciated :)
audiobb
I'm looking for warmer, lusher, more romantic, "gold" type of sound - interconnects...
It seems to me my system is a little bit too detailed and precise.

05-04-14: Bo1972
Yess the Cardas Golden Ref makes it a lot more musical. But there is a very big but........

You loose a lot of details, speed and drive in the low freq. This means you loose on the other hand.

It seems as if the OP is aware of the fact that he will lose details and speed. In fact, it seems like that is the game plan. One must always find that balance between musicality and resolution that suits their own personal tastes. Not everyone is looking for just details, some folks enjoy musicality.

Of course, that said, there are several ways to go about it. One can either find the source of the too much details, which in my opinion is the Nordost Valhalla speaker cables, or they can find warmer, sweeter cables to help offset the detail overload that the Valhalla are capable of presenting. The Fusion Romance, Cardas Golden Cross, Jade Hybrid are all very warm recommendations. The Cardas Golden Reference, KCI Silkworm+, and Purist Audio would also help warm up the sound to a lesser extent.
Great advice to 86 the Valhalla. This alone might put you in the quest for a neutral cable like the Silent Source Silver or even the Ref. These are incredibly resolving!

And under no circumstances should you put Cardas "ANYTHING" into your system. These were fine for midfi systems 10-15 years ago, but they piss away the upper-freq detail big time.

The Jade Hybrid IC would be a great thing to try. I actually have XLR and RCA ICs here that I could loan you. I have since updated to the Jade Ref and I have not put these up for sale as for the price, they are so good. I do not know what JD charges for the Hybrid IC these days. But he's a super nice guy to work with and he can give you ideas as to what likely would be a good cable for your system/situation.

I have been keeping the Hybrids for the HT system, but just never got around to put them in there. So send me a note if you'd like to play with them. And I have some Silent Source Silver RCA and Ref XLR if you want to try those sometime. Some cables I just don't sell as they are hard to find later on.

I also have a spare Jade Ref Platinum/Gold RCA IC at the moment due to system simplification, but if you try these, you would likely cry when you had to return them.

Another very good cable is the Stealth Indra if you can get a good deal.

The Purist Dominus might resolve your need for warmth, but once you hear the Stealth or Jade for example, going back to the Purist with it's less-detailed top end would not be easy.

John
The mid freq. is maybe the most important part to be happy with the overwhole sound. I agree, but.....when you loose in drive, speed, more different layers in the low freq. and also resolution you can be dissapointed at the end as well. I have seen this many times.

You need to do this very precise. To test different options to see what is best for you.

You only understand what each individual part of your system does when you know the different properties of each single part of your system. And when you don't know, it is difficult to understand what you are changing.

I ask often even to people who work in this business if they are aware of the properties of the stuff they sell. Many times they say; we don't know.
You will not loose details nor have poor low freq. with the Fusion Romance. It simply presents all of the detail with ease and is a cut or two above the Cardas. Yes, I have owned and heard both :-)

One does not have to give up details and air etc.....with the Romance line.
I really want to thank you all. This is what I love most about audio - the community, the people... the willingness to help.

But especially,Jafox.I just can't believe someone would really loan their mega$$$ cables to unknown person.I'm speechless. Faith in humanity - partially restored.
Thank you so much.

It seems the general opinion is the Valhalla is responsible for this in my system.I think that's right. Actually, I took a lot of effort to tame the "tubey" sound, to add detail, speed etc.

Valhalla was bought after reading JD's review of it.

One must always find that balance between musicality and resolution that suits their own personal tastes. Not everyone is looking for just details, some folks enjoy musicality.

This is exactly what I meant.It seems I was too successful in adding speed and clarity to the system.

I will make another 40 cm bi-wiring pair of speaker cable. I have some Gabriel Gold Rapture R speaker wire that I bought 2 years ago.Then I will see what happens after Valhalla is out.

I guess that should be step No. 1.
Then see what happens.