Need "warm" interconnects advice

Hi, I need some advice on IC cables.
I'm looking for warmer, lusher, more romantic, "gold" type of sound - interconnects...
It seems to me my system is a little bit too detailed and precise. I'm preferring gold/silver or alloy cables, like Gabriel gold or Silnote.
Any advice would be appreciated :)
audiobb

Showing 9 responses by bo1972

I owned the Valhalla loudspeaker cable for over 12 years of time. When it came out it was for some years the reference in loudspeakercables. Based on speed and resolution.

But all tests with 100% Valhalla were all dissapointing. Because essential parts were missing for the absolute sound. These days there are more cables who surpass the quality easilly. Time and technique go on.

At the end all parts togheter of your set create the overwhole sound including your room.

We compared the Valhalla loudspeakercable wih the Cardas Golden reference in the past. Maybe it sounds warmer overwhole. I remember the faces of the people who owned the Golden Reference. The Valhalla had so much more details and separation. After this test they put there Golden Reference for sale.

Warmer sound with cables is possible, but you will loose in other parts.

I think you need to look for newer cables with newer techniques.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1365764680&openmine&zzBo1972&4&5#Bo1972

good luck testing.
Yess the Cardas Golden Ref makes it a lot more musical. But there is a very big but........

You loose a lot of details, speed and drive in the low freq. This means you loose on the other hand.

Most people who have audio as a hobby are not able to listen to all different parts at the same time which need to be there for the absolute sound. What they do is changing a part to solve what they are missing. Just like you. They will loose quality for another part. Often they realize after some time what is missing next.

In the 16 years of time I work in sound and vision I have seen it quite often.
The Nordost Valhalla was compared to all other ( cheaper) Nordost loudspeakercables at that time a lot less harsh. I sold Nordost for over 9 yeats of time. I am talking about the loudspeakercable. I did not like the interconnects.

When the Valhalla came out it was called the least collored speakercable at that time. Many audio magazines used these words when it came out.

It was not perfect, I have written this here on Audiogon very precise. Because there are missing essential parts for the absolute sound. I call it incomplete.
The mid freq. is maybe the most important part to be happy with the overwhole sound. I agree, but.....when you loose in drive, speed, more different layers in the low freq. and also resolution you can be dissapointed at the end as well. I have seen this many times.

You need to do this very precise. To test different options to see what is best for you.

You only understand what each individual part of your system does when you know the different properties of each single part of your system. And when you don't know, it is difficult to understand what you are changing.

I ask often even to people who work in this business if they are aware of the properties of the stuff they sell. Many times they say; we don't know.
The Valhalla is very natural sounding, not harsh. But other cables can deliver some extra needed warmth.

You Always will listen to all different parts in your set together. That is why I talk about properties of every single part in a audio system.

Audio needs to become a lot more open, just like here at Audiogon. There is a big need for better and more objective advice.

Music lovers deserve a better and higher endresult for the money they are spending.
I own the Audioquest 2013 Redwood loudspeakercable. This one goes a lot further compared to the Cardas golden reference. I have done a few tests with the Cardas Golden Reference in the past.

The Redwood is a lot faster in timing and goes deeper. The blacks are superior to the Cardas. Resolution goes further and there is more decay. Individual focus of instruments and voices is a lot sharper. The level of 3D is also a different story.
The demo's in the past with the most expensive Siltech cables were Always very dissapointing in the Netherlands.

The people are quite arrogant and they had big stories. But they could never convince with sound. As you all know....hearing is believing!
Good silver is very expensive. But silver can even create a warm and involving sound as well. Like the Accapela pure silver interconnects. My new Audioquest Wel Signatures also sound very musical. They are very expensive.