reco speaker cables for Ohm Walshes?

Looking to move from my Anti cables.can't afford more than $500. Use with McIntosh MC 250,acurus R11 and new Sony 5400ES.
joekapahulu
I'm using AlphaCore Goertz Pythons on my Gallo Ref. 3.1s connected to my Emotiva XPA-5. Sounds good, they are supposed to be electrically "correct". And they look very cool, and it boosts my audiophile street cred [smile].

But I'm not sure it sounds any better than the 12 ga. clear plastic-sheathed speaker cable I bought from Home Despot.

Lord knows, the HD cable was *much* less expensive. You might want to give it a try, it'll cost you all of $20 to experiment....

-RW-
FYI, I had the Ohm Walsh 2s for many years and used the same HD 12 ga. cable running from a Denon DRA-600 receiver and also an NAD 3150/2150 bridged pair. It surely played loud and cleanly!

-RW-
I tried some Cardas and Morrows with my 2.2000 & ended up going w/ Signal Cable Silver Ref, which would be in your budget range as well.

B
I tried Home depot 12 gauge on a lark. $10 plus another $10 for banana plugs. Sound got much cleaner, extended lows and highs and more detailed. Pretty wild. Going to live with it for a bit and then we will see. Probably upgrade ICs first as those are a mix of Morrow MA1 and Radio Shack so called premium. Had to retire early due to health last month so need to be careful about spending just as I have time mm to listen more.