Budget LOMC preamp recommendations needed

I need a good phono preamp to handle LOMC. By cheap I mean $800 or less. I currently have a Dynavector DV20XL2 and use a Phonomena II with it. I'm just not getting along with it (and I've goofed with loading ad nauseum and the Dyna is set up as well as it could be). Upgrading my amplification recently convinced me that the Phonomena II isn't good synergy with the Dyna. I'm sure the P75 will get thrown out but what else have you heard and liked? I'm wanting something very laid back, which is exactly what the Phonomena II isn't.
greg7
I had the same issues with a Clearaudio Artist V2 and Concept MM before the Dyna and just upgraded my amplification so I know it's not the amplifier (and my digital front end sounds much better at this point)
I think it's the Phonomena based on my listening. I've owned at DV20LX2 and lived with it until my system outgrew it. I was super happy with the P75 (which is also GREAT with a Denon DL103 as well.) The P75 has loading that is super flexible including a special mode for the DV20. I eventually replace it with a phono preamp that cost $4k but it held it's own as long as it could. It's way better than the Hagerman Coronet 2 (in my system), the PS Audio and all the other lower cost units that I tried when building my latest system.

That said, if you don't want a P75, try to find a used ASR Basis Mini. If you can find one around $1K, it's a super bargain because it's awesome.
I really like my Jolida JD9, especially after upgrading the opamps. Plenty of gain for LOMC. You can tube roll to change the sound a bit. Lots of loading options.

David