VPI Direct Drive Turntable

I received a copy of the new Music Direct catalog today and saw the new VPI Classic Direct Drive turntable listed at $30,000. It looks virtually indistinguishable from the Classic 3 with the new 3-D tonearm save for three speed buttons in place of the pulley and the rubber belt. The description on the MD website is rather scant, and certainly does not give enough information to explain what makes this turntable $25K more expensive than the belt drive Classic line. The VPI website makes no mention of the new flagship product at all.

Does anyone have any information on this new megabuck VPI table?
actusreus
I don't believe its anyones' business but VPI to price their own products. The marketplace will vote with their dollars. The turntable is there for the taking or not...to me, that's the end of the discussion.
Everyone is discussing the price of this table. Why is there almost no discussion of how it performs? Surely people heard it at CES and in some other settings. Myles Astor on WBF has one for review but I've not read what he thinks about it yet.
I was told that Fremer also has one for review as well. VPI sent DD out to 3 reviewers from what I was told by my local dealer. I hope we will hear something soon. I think it was in Fremer's interview with HW that the motor was further modified by a VPI client that HW knows and there was a reference to a company that makes motor part for submarine?
There was supposed to be one DD coming over here by the beginning of this month but I guess it got delayed.

I have not seen any reference regarding MDF armboard but saw that plinth is 1/2 inch aluminium bonded to 2 inch MDF or something. Armboard on my Classic 3 is aluminium though.
There was a review of VPI direct drive last month in one of the online magazine. It was named turntable of the year by that magazine as well but I just can't remember the name right now hmmm..
Tone Audio gave the VPI direct drive table product of 2013 after one afternoon listening to it at the VPI factory.

Biggest piece of advertorial I have read and an embarrassment for Tone audio and VPI for allowing it.

I trust that the Myles Astor for Positive Feedback and the Fremer review's will be real and in depth for such an important product for VPI.