Has anyone tried a "leather" turntable mat?

I was wondering if anyone has used one of the new "MooMats" or a "Hide in the Sound" leather turntable mat?

How are they compared to like a felt mat or even to a nicer Boston Audio/Audioquest/Funk Firm/etc. mat?

I had a leather turntable mat way back when, but it really didn't work very well. I was curious as to the new crop...
128x128mofimadness
I got one of these on my RP6:

leather mat

I think it sounds and looks great. My local Rega dealer said I should put it side-by-side to a $65 Herbie Mat . I've used Herbie Mats on other tables and they were good, but I like the fact that the leather mat is all natural and soft on both sides for the vinyl and the glass platter of the RP6. Maybe if I upgrade my subplatter to a GT and I can use my Cleaver Clamp again, I will try a Herbie Mat after putting in a good amount of listening on just the subplatter upgrade.

Have people done side-by-side comparisons with leather like mine and the Herbie Mat on the newest RP3 / RP6 models?
I once knew this guy that got raw pigskin from the local slaughterhouse. He would make platter pads from it- his idea was that hands held instruments- why shouldn't skin hold the LP too?

His LPs got greasy, he had to keep the pad in a mayonnaise jar in the refrigerator until flesh-eating bacteria started eating it, finally when the people at the slaughterhouse found up what he was doing with all the pigskins they got weirded out and stopped selling to him.

Top that :)