Has anyone tried a "leather" turntable mat?

I was wondering if anyone has used one of the new "MooMats" or a "Hide in the Sound" leather turntable mat?

How are they compared to like a felt mat or even to a nicer Boston Audio/Audioquest/Funk Firm/etc. mat?

I had a leather turntable mat way back when, but it really didn't work very well. I was curious as to the new crop...
128x128mofimadness
I have a thin Hide in the Sound leather mat on Yamaha yp-82 table. I wanted to drop the VTA and was not in fear of the resonance of the aluminium platter. I am using a Denon mono cart. No negatives. Not muddy nor extra detailed, etc. Looks nice.
I got one of these on my RP6:

leather mat

I think it sounds and looks great. My local Rega dealer said I should put it side-by-side to a $65 Herbie Mat . I've used Herbie Mats on other tables and they were good, but I like the fact that the leather mat is all natural and soft on both sides for the vinyl and the glass platter of the RP6. Maybe if I upgrade my subplatter to a GT and I can use my Cleaver Clamp again, I will try a Herbie Mat after putting in a good amount of listening on just the subplatter upgrade.

Have people done side-by-side comparisons with leather like mine and the Herbie Mat on the newest RP3 / RP6 models?