Your favorite musical non fatiguing speakers?

I've been auditioning speakers in the $5k to $8k range. I liked some of the Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, and even B&Ws in that range. Maybe it was the setup but in the back of my mind thought all of these could sound exciting but also fatiguing long term. And I'd hate to spend that kind of doe with that being the case.

I'm looking to use a solid state Cary amp and the tubed Cary SLP 05 pre for electronics FWIW.

From other threads I'm hearing Proacs Joseph Audio Aerials Harbeth and others may fit the bill. What are your favorite speakers for musicality and lack of listening fatigue? I'll be traveling to the next state to audition more next week.
larrybou
Do you have the woofer cabinets firing forwards or backwards? If backwards, do you have enough clearance behind them (5-6 feet)?
I've heard the Parsifal's potential at Goodwin's in Boston. They sound much better there than in my room. I still love them and understand a speakers potential is limited by my adventure and wealth. Pretty simple stuff here.
Yes I have the woofers firing backwards as recommended by Verity for soundstage depth, etc. They actually recommended between 1 1/2 - 3 feet. Since I live in a town home I figured I'd start at 3 feet to keep peace with the neighbors.

The sweet spot for a full, rich, well defined bass in this room actually turned out to be closer to 2 feet. 2 feet it is - see if I answer the door!

The difficulties I had with getting the bass right actually turned out to be the fault of my speaker wire that was also apparently damaged by the lightning strike. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! I put in some far less expensive AQ Rocket 33's to make sure - and sure enough, problems solved.

My Purist Audio cables which always excelled at bass and depth were so damaged I was starting to doubt the bass cabinet was working.

This might explain why I returned some Magnepan 1.7's and Kef LS-50's wondering how anyone could possibly pay more than $100 for them. Whoops - my bad.
Bjesien - have you experimented with placement? If you want to love the bass put them as close as you can to the back wall just before they get boomy.

They take some getting used to because if there's no bass in the recording you won't hear a scintilla of it in your system. Once it appears in the recording it's stunning.

These are very fine speakers and as such VERY sensitive. The differences in everything from interconnects to speaker wire to DACS is magnified 10 fold from my previous also quite good (but not in the same league) Cary Silver Oak III's.

I'd call Verity and tell them what you're not satisfied with, what your other equipment is etc. Even though I bought used they were VERY patient and helpful getting placement right etc.

Also try calling the Cable Company. They were very familiar with the Parcifals and could even tell me which cables have been preferred by Parcifal owners in the past. Ironically one of them was the very speaker wire I already owned but was fried in the lightening strike.

They'll send various cables already burned in for you to audition and you only pay a deposit of 5%. I'm also doing this now - great program!