Speaker imaging

Considering my speakers definitely image better when I am not wearing my glasses leads me to conclude imaging ain't really real but relies on the power of suggestion. Sort of like some folks who prefer to listen with the lights off. Any comments?
128x128zavato
I hate every-time it happens too (hate spider monkeys), but change can be also caused by other factors. It might be not the amount of light in the room but the fact that radio stations are required by law to lower stations power at about 6PM (propagation is better at night) reducing electromagnetic pickup.

Image is not the power of suggestion because on many records I hear sound of instruments coming from particular locations while I have no idea where they should be located. As for the glasses I suspect that when you have them on you can see your system and it makes you worrying how much money you have spent on it - that might be worse than spider monkeys.
No distractions=serious listening.

My Jack Russell Terrier is a pain sometimes, but I hear Spider Monkeys are the worst!

Don't Think...feel! - Bruce Lee
AH- The essence of Jeet Kune Do! Let your ears be like
water and flow with the music. Especially those liquid
midranges?
Maybe I need to clarify. My speakers do disappear and some things are more to the right and other more to the left and other things are dead center. But I usually so not perceive a stage wider that the separation between my speakers unless I'm not wearing my glasses or unless I fool around with an old Shure test record with material deliberately recorded out of phase. What I'm saying is that if I can clearly see my speakers the soundstage is no wider than my speaker set up
Eyeglasses lenses reflect and diffract higher frequency sounds into your ears, a form of noise that overrides much information, including some soundstage-width information.

Listen to a recording with horns and one with tambourines with and without glasses. Also, the esses and Tees of the female voice are affected by glasses.

Best regards,
Roy