B&W design quality observation. Any downside

I just took the baffle off a pair of B&W Concept 90 CM1's from 1991. I wanted to tighten the woofer drivers to the baffle. I was surprised to find the spider for the woofer was cast in 1 piece with the front baffle! Certainly no tightening required.(It confirmed the B&W ethic of good quality to me. The rubberized/elastic seal between baffle and speaker was also in perfect condition. I was left to tighten the tweeters to the baffle and the baffle to the body-which made a very noticeable improvement to the clarity, dynamics and smoothness of the sound
I am impressed by this design; it seems sensible when technically feasible as it absolutely eliminates any chance of loosening from the baffle-which is the bane of ALL speakers where the drive units are affixed to the baffle.
I wonder why some of these so called "ultra high end speakers (Magico, Yg Acoustics) don't use this type of design.
Is there a downside I am not considering?
ptss
I see using crossovers which cannot make a deep and wide stage as a downside in general. It is my personal opinion. I owned and sold them for many years. It is based on facts. They still make fine speakers, but it is as it is.
Per Bo...."I owned and sold them for many years. It is based on facts."

Bo1972, kindly site the "facts" that the B&W's cannot make a deep soundstage? I would like to read this in writing. If you cannot provide these "facts", then please understand that your conclusion is based merely on your opinion. And as the above poster pointed out, perhaps its based on your inexperience - you simply don't know how to properly set up a pair of B&W's to achieve a deep soundstage.
but if you have "facts", then that is another story. I would love to read about the "facts". Have a nice day.
Bo, I've seen you state many times that it was the crossover in the B&W's that prevent them from giving the soundstage that you prefer. I'm interested in how you came to this conclusion as I would think it could be the crossovers, the driver designs themselves, the cabinet shape and construction or a combination of all four variables that would cause the B&W's to fall short of your standards.

What sort of experiments, or substitutions of crossovers/drivers/cabinets did you do that allowed you to so definitively come to the conclusion that the crossovers themselves are the single culprit?
It is very simple; You use the same amo, pre amp, source, cables and conditioner on different speakers with the same music. So you can vompare how the stage is build. The stage with the 800D was quite small and not a lot of depth. When you use the same stuff with other speakers and the stage is superior in wide and depth you understand what you miss. I had to admit that it was a lot. So I sold the B&W. A deep and wide stage is another level in listening to the same music with a small stage. You can't go back anymore. You would be a fool. It is that simple!