PS Audio unveils their PS Audio Directstream DAC

First of all I have no affiliation with PS Audio, just an interested observer.

PS Audio has just announced their successor to the Perfectwave MKII called the Directstream DAC. It implements DSD and eliminates the PCM delivery system and uses a Field Programmable Gateway to acheive results which they say will "uncover more music on redbook CDs than was possible.

A full explanation can be read here:

http://www.psaudio.com/products/audio/media-players/perfectwave-directstream-dac/
aurelius
The original PWD was highly regarded and extremely well- reviewed...yet the PWD MKII was supposedly way better....like no-brainer better, and now the DSD version is supposed to be 'way better' again. I find it hard to believe the original has been improved upon so much in such a short period of time. As for the upgrade path, at minimum it seems to me they should be cutting faithful owners and upgraders a little better deal. Anyone who has paid full price for a MKI, MKII and now this is likely in $10K for something (the DSD) that now retails for nearly half that. And the deal they're giving for the DSD upgrade is no better than you could do selling your MKII and just purchasing the new version. It's crazy.
"Anyone who has paid full price for a MKI, MKII and now this is likely in $10K"

I meant full price MKI to MKII upgrade to DSD upgrade.
I have the MKII,PSA will give pre owners a 30 day in home, if you do not like their new DSC. they will refund your money.
Only one question, why are SO many owners of the PWD MK II putting them up for sale here on Audiogon instead of upgrading?