Your most disappointing purchase or audition?

I've had a few.

bought a Naim Nait 3. Loved it in the store. Returned it within a week- way forward at home

Brought home some CJ preamp to audition perhaps 22 years ago. Noisy as anything and a turn off transient destroyed a tweeter (though years later i bought a CJ 17LS2 which I thought was the finest preamp I ever heard in my home)

Auditioned a VPI table (HW19) in a store- the store just could not get the belt to stay on. Bought a Rega instead. This was in perhaps 1990.

Fortunately, I never really experienced buyers remorse say 6 months or more after settling on a piece of gear.

Finally, there have been too many speakers that got stellar write ups which I just didn't care for.
128x128zavato
Roxy54 and Jmcgrogan2, is Tubes105 a cousin of Tubes108?

Is there something secret going on here that should be disclosed so we can argue about it? ;-)
Tubes108, what about the challenge of, what year did you own the Atmasphere equipment?, when did the problems occur?, I care less about the details, just want to shake some memorys up for everyone, maybe somebody may say, oh yea, Now I remember!, fat chance on that happening here!, It appears all of this is really, FUTILE!
See what I mean about the passage of time and details Roxy? We ALL must have missed it in the deleted posts :)
Tubegroover,
Now Tubes 108 is getting cagey. He responds to the question by saying he told us before but it disappeared. Fine. Could you spare a few words to tell us again?
09-06-14: Tubes108
Per a request I'm waiting for someone to reply to my challenge to come up with "my ulterior motives" that make more sense than the facts I’ve described.

I'm still waiting for you to address the ulterior motive you brought up, that you are tied to a competitor of Atmasphere. You brought it up, it certainly would seem to qualify as a solid ulterior motive. How do we know that you have no financial interests?

Yes, your story could be true, it could have happened, no one is perfect. However, we do not know who you are or what your motives may be, maybe the story is fabricated. Maybe you are simply a hobbyist, maybe you aren't. And so the wheel turns...