Cracked glass/ Mcintosh

I don't have any experience dealing with an A-gon customer who claims the glass is cracked on a Mac integrated I sold him. I provided pics to him and the Mac was boxed the same way I got it from Mcintosh. Box in a box with it attached to the plywood. I find this very hard to believe.

What I'm wondering is how should this have been handled by the buyer. Shouldn't he be taking this up with the carrier? Btw, it was shipped on April 21 and just today he sends me the e-mail.The box was delivered 4/24 or 4/25. I'm just now finding this out. I also had sent e-mails to him asking if he got the tracking number and there was no response. Last week I sent an e-mail asking if he got the Mac and in both cases he never sent a reply of any kind. I need a little guidance on this.

Thanks to all
harley52
Right now fb has nothing to do with it. It is not your fault that he took so long to get back to you- not your fault if the amp sat damaged in a box until he got around to it or back in town or whatever. Its irrelevant.

If the claim time has elapsed that is all that matters at this point. If you packed it incorrectly it does not matter, unless you know that and want to make it right. If he unpacked it correctly it does not matter. What matters is that 10 days elapsed before he contacted you!

We do a lot of shipping and occasionally we get a damage claim that we have to sort out. I can't think of a time that has happened wherein the customer took more than a day to let us know there was a problem! IOW the time frame is fishy.
The quality, amount and length of time the buyer has garnered feedback, and the same criterion observed from those who left feedback for the buyer might be insightful.
I would want to know why there was the delay in his responding and advising. Maybe he got it, excited, slid it in the rack, rocked out for 10 days and then his audiophile buddy came by to check it out and pointed out the crack to him. You need to discuss all your reservations with him. If he can overcome them, I may be more willing to consider his claim.
An alternative would be to locate a company that specializes in plexiglass products - a new cover should be easy for them to fabricrate, cost far less and last longer than factory ordered. You could also split the costs.