What preamp between Burmester and Krell?

I am considering preamp upgrade. It will be obviouslu an used device. Choosing between Krel KBL line stage (former Stereophile Class D in the 90's), Burmester 846 (line stage) and Burmester 785. I am not very familiar with the German preamps, so I want your advice. The rest of the set up is Von Schweikert VR 6 speakers, Esoteric DV 60,s CD player, Audio Note p Zero monos power amplifiers and a phono as analog front.
Please, help!
N. Milkov
nikmilkov
Go straight with Burmester. A good friend that He've had the
happy opportunity to demo/own most of all top best
components of any hi-end brands (kondo, audio tekne',
shindo, krell, mbl, accuphase, wilson, acapella, taoc,
magneplanar) and now he owns a Burmester Reference System.
For him (and a lot people and very experts/music lovers that
are very close to the live music) consider that Burmester
System at the TOP of audio research towards the music, the
true essence of music with no coloration.

regards.
NEver seen or heard Burmester. Always like Krell pre-amps when I hear them. Downside is bulk and I worry about Krell reliability over the long term in general enough to have steered clear to date, though often tempted.
I have yet to hear anything by Burmester, but I look forward in doing so. From what I've heard and read, it is head and shoulders above Krell, Levinson, etc.
I personally would have to listen to a burmester to believe it's better than all Krells, remember, all krell models sound alot different from one to the other, some may prefer the Evolution E series, I prefer the FPB CX series model line, it's all preferance.
Audiolabyrinth:

Listen the Masterpiece Combo: Burmester 911 Mk3 & Burmester 808 Mk5. But I could tell you frankly that after will be very hard to listen other sounds!!