Speaker Design

If you take three speaker designers, say Dennis Murphy, Joseph D'Appolito, and Albert Von Schweikert and give them the same cabinet and drivers and tell them to design the crossover.
The question is will the three speakers sound the same?
How do you think they would sound differently and in what areas would they sound alike?
128x128mboldda1
Nice to see George Short given mention.

I had him hand wire custom crossover networks for a DIY project using his top line parts. The improvement has been nothing less than phenomenal.

Brought the point home to me that crossover assembly and parts quality, as an independent variable from network design, can make a huge performance difference.

jb
I would guess no. More effort will be put into voicing the speaker than the mathematics of the xover design for a given box and drivers would suggest. Since each of the three designers are just like the rest of us with different tastes, perceptions and prejudices, the final product will most likely reflect that. That's why, IMO, different products sound different.
3 french chefs making cream of carrot soup,with the exact same ingredients...would it taste the same???????Life ,like sciences are variable....there is no absolute.
I'd want Richard Vandersteen designing my speakers.....

http://www.vandersteen.com

Interesing acticle about what he believes is important in speaker design.