Keep equipement or trade?

Now that I have been browsing these forums for awhile and since I have been an audiophile for alongtime so to speak since I am only 19 (i have always loved music and played) I have noticed some trends with people and their equipment.

1. Their are some people that keep their equipment. Not just keep it they keep it forever it gets hard use and they love it. They would never trade up for anything.

2. Those people that trade up all the time for the next best and greatest model. They are always looking for new speakers and what have you.

Now which catagorey do you fit in? Or do you see yourself fitting into one of these. I myself think I fit into the group that likes what they have and keeps it for along time.

For those of you who trade up all the time why are you never satasified with what you have and area always looking for the very best or what is it that fuels the trading up or sideways or whatever?
accorddude
I fit in exactly as in Mitch4t situation.Would like to own the very best but simply can't afford it.Even at that I still own an impressive system.Over the years I bought some nice equipment,that still have.I try to buy something that I like and with good reputation.Since discovering Audiogon I am in Heaven.
Gunbei a question for you.What do you mean "you were a zero"
Do you mean "a non audiophile".
Cheers to all of you guys an happy listening.
for the last few years ive been a 2 but im at the point ill be a 1 in a few weeks.

over the last 2 years ive gone thru a ton & i mean a ton of gear(over 100 different peices)not including 7 different sets of speakers.

the new rig is gonna be with me for quite a few years, in a few more weeks i can re post my new rig in done for now then ill truly be a 1.

mike.
Mike,

Yeah right! If I had a LP for every time I heard that line:

'for the last few years ive been a 2 but im at the point ill be a 1 in a few weeks.'

My warehouse would be bursting at the seems.

John
All of you 1's are liars and are in denial.

You keep coming back to the 'Gon like addicts to a crack house to keep abreast of what's new and to get some assurance that you are still current or slightly ahead of the game. If enough killer reviews come in, you start to question your current equipment, no matter how good it sounds.....you still have an inkling that if you bought that additional piece, it just might be the one to get you to the holy grail of audio.

I dare any of you 1's to:

1. cancel your subscriptions to any audio magazines that you have for six months
2. do not visit Audiogon for six months

Admit it like the rest of us 2's, you are hooked and hopeless. Now live with it.

The first step to recovery is the same thing they do in AA,
"my name is________and I am and audio addict".
while i cant deny that its hard to stay in one place for long in this hobby i firmly believe that ive found the place where i want to be with my rig.

ive never been into reviews & the latest & greatest gear,most of my efforts have been concentrated on moving up the ladder within the mcintosh line.

there is always the chance (a good chance) that i will do somthing different with my setup & most likely that will be to explore cables,interconnects & different dac's.

ill never completely stop changing things in my rig & i know that but for the most part im satisfied with the main components in my new rig /amp,cdp's,pre & speakers.

i hope i stay this content with the new rig & i truly believe i will.

mike.