Von Schweikert VR 4 III SE v/s Legacy Focus 2020

I am dismantling my whole system,boxing it & leaving Long Island for Connecticut. These speakers I will be evaluating with my good audiophile friend in 2 locations to determine which I like best.Anyone hear both & has something to share? Thanks.
lihifiguy
Both are excellent speakers, worthy of any fine audiophile system. I now own the VR4 III HSE, and they replaced the Focus (not the 20/20s though).

In summary:
Bass - Better on the VR4s, tighter, less boomy, more punch, easier to control.
Imaging - Both excellent
Highs - Both Excellent
Soundstage - Focus had a taller soundstage, the VR4s have a wider soundstage. Depth was good on both.
Finish - Focus were much nicer
Mids - Both were excellent, VR4s slightly warmer, more natural to me.
Sweet spot - This is probably what did it for me, the VR4s have a better, wider listening angle, the Focus were very narrow (1 person).

As they say, your mileage may vary based on equipment that you're using, but this is what my system produced.

Regards,
Mark
I agree with Mark above and will add that the Focus is a more efficient speaker and will probably go louder. I too settled for the VR's. I found the highs easier on the ears with the VR's. A more musical presentation.
I just had a customer come in to my shop after hearing the 20/20 in the morning. He left with the VR4 III SE and was astounded how much better it was.
Another option..VMPS RM40,,On Audiocircle there is a post..a comparison between the VR4 and VMPS RM40..the guy says RM40 just trounced the VR4..

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?p=48624#48624

please read that longish post on the website..
some extracts...
" We worked our way through the rock, jazz and classical selections, with the VR-4s aquitting themselves admirably throughout. They had deep bass, good imaging, very good detail and were pleasant to listen to."
" My final impression of the Von Schweikert VR-4 is of a very fine loudspeaker for the money, well-suited for systems needing a little extra warmth and sweetness. With cello and other strings, female voices, especially those like Eva Cassidy or Rosa Passos, the sweetness was both easily heard and very pleasant. "
and after VR4,,,
"The RM40s just delivered more; more inner detail, more natural timbral reproduction, especially with male voices and cellos, more dynamics and a much larger soundstage/image."
"To make a long story a little shorter, I wrote a check for the VMPS speakers on the spot. i want to emphasize that if I hadn't heard the RM40s , i would've been very, very happy with the Von Schweikert speakers."