Von Schweikert VR 4 III SE v/s Legacy Focus 2020

I am dismantling my whole system,boxing it & leaving Long Island for Connecticut. These speakers I will be evaluating with my good audiophile friend in 2 locations to determine which I like best.Anyone hear both & has something to share? Thanks.
lihifiguy

Showing 1 response by aram

Another option..VMPS RM40,,On Audiocircle there is a post..a comparison between the VR4 and VMPS RM40..the guy says RM40 just trounced the VR4..

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?p=48624#48624

please read that longish post on the website..
some extracts...
" We worked our way through the rock, jazz and classical selections, with the VR-4s aquitting themselves admirably throughout. They had deep bass, good imaging, very good detail and were pleasant to listen to."
" My final impression of the Von Schweikert VR-4 is of a very fine loudspeaker for the money, well-suited for systems needing a little extra warmth and sweetness. With cello and other strings, female voices, especially those like Eva Cassidy or Rosa Passos, the sweetness was both easily heard and very pleasant. "
and after VR4,,,
"The RM40s just delivered more; more inner detail, more natural timbral reproduction, especially with male voices and cellos, more dynamics and a much larger soundstage/image."
"To make a long story a little shorter, I wrote a check for the VMPS speakers on the spot. i want to emphasize that if I hadn't heard the RM40s , i would've been very, very happy with the Von Schweikert speakers."