Buggtussel speakers: a "sleeper" hi- end spker?

Anyone heard Buggtussel speakers made in Michigan(?)Their ads appear in several mags, and their website provides some interesting design and driver information. They use a transmission line bass which (in my experience)produces the tightest and best low-end. Is this the "sleeper" speaker(line) of the 21st century, or just another bunch of empty boxes??
sunnyjim
Bummer Dude! Sean has to quiet down the class with serious stuff. what's with the :) thing, you don't really smile do ya? Do you loosen up your bolo tie once in a while and get wild? Toss the pen protector across the room? O.K. Sean, just some good natured ribbin'. Perhaps I will design and market an amp and name it "Sam" so the next version can be named "Son of Sam" and see if it is well received.I can see it now........... The reviewers said it was "killer" sounding hooked to the "Hellter Skellter" speakers(featuring the Jeffrey Daumer cryogenic hook up wire), with the Nazi SS(soild state)pre amp. These could be VERY exclusive items and I might advertise on the back of "Cereal" boxes.
My appologies to Kevin who I am sure is serious about his product but must understand the funnin'. your turn Rcprince
Hey Sunnyjim, how have ya been? Yes, I did hear them at the C.E.S./The EXPO in Vegas. I didn't know what to expect with a name like this (kinda like a sports car named "Doofus" ). The sound was VERY impressive, especially for the price. A serious contender for consideration, if you can get by the name! (Just read some of the posts.) I, too, think that the name does nothing to help the company's image. Of course, from a marketing standpoint, one will always remember this product's name and associated acoustic signature. With that being said, my only negative impression of the sound (and I'm not 100% certain, due to auditioning HUNDREDS of speaker set-ups) their transmission line driver did produce OODLES of bass, but it was more of a "loose" and encompassing bass, rather than a tight, focused, and punchy bass. If you're really into bass, this might be a consideration, depending on your preference. Happy Tunes!
Maxgain, I am actually speechless! Did my friends from Bellvue reach you yet?
Regarding the many posts about Buggtussel, I did not think that it was going to provide such an object of derision. I am not going to make comment on some of these posts, only that I may have overestimated the intelligence of some of the GON' membership. I hardly think a name defines a product or its design team. I don't care what the name of the product is,just as long as it offers audiophile level performance. I can think of many of the hi-end dogs from yesteryear that are probably gathering dust in a basement, or barnacles at the bottom of the sea. Does anyone one out there remember Mariah speakers, or Fourier speakers, or Rappaport amps?? Yes, catching, sexy names, but lousy and/or inconsiderable products that did not make it. So, lets give Kevin Blair and Buggtussel a break. I know of one dealer on the East Coast who has given Buggtussel a try. I only know of this audio seller because I recently purchased some inexpensive speaker cable from him . He is an honest dedicated professional whose judgement I trust in his selection of product. He is also a resident of the area I onced lived. I mention this because he is a refreshing change from many of the dunderheads, both salesmen and owners that, I have had the misfortune of meeting in sunny Southern California since I moved almost here two years. I think their work ethic can be described: "Apathy is our passion"!!!