What is the opposite of near field listening?

I've read a few threads mentioning "near field listening" and I think I understand. So, what is the opposite and what does it take to experience "far field listening?" Thanks!
f57
Hey 25 years ago I thought you had to set mikes in front of your speakers to record to cassette or reel to reel. Then again, a guy wrote and ask me last night what kind or tube/mike/preamp he might use to record his guitar amp to digital, which is the only way to get a certain sound.
Anyhow, its not a bad question, I bet a lot of people read it and wondered a little themsleves, just did not want to admit it.
I had the same thought cross my mind as Stereodad. I have to start my morning with some Cornfedboy or my day isn't quite right. It's all good fun.
With the kind of tickets I usually get....most live performances........although with the 7X35 ImageStableized Canons....I can usually tell who's playing/singing.
OK, Whatjd, nobody's responded in all this time. Lol. But, very good point. A well known reviewer who shall remain anonymous recently commented, and I agree, that the sound is better in a sweet spot in front of a good stereo system than you would experience at most concerts.

We agree once in a while.

Paul
Paulwp, I disagree, very few times is recorded music as good as live, no matter where you are sitting. You can call it sound, performance, ambiance, feel, whatever, but at a good live performance, the room, the performance and the experience is the "sweet spot".