What is the opposite of near field listening?

I've read a few threads mentioning "near field listening" and I think I understand. So, what is the opposite and what does it take to experience "far field listening?" Thanks!
f57
As soon as I read the post my first thought was this is just the kind of question Kelly takes extreme pleasure in answering to the best of his ability.F57 Iused to take offence at Cornfedboys comments but they really are made to have alittle fun. Of course 6 months ago I would have beleived him. Larry
Hey 25 years ago I thought you had to set mikes in front of your speakers to record to cassette or reel to reel. Then again, a guy wrote and ask me last night what kind or tube/mike/preamp he might use to record his guitar amp to digital, which is the only way to get a certain sound.
Anyhow, its not a bad question, I bet a lot of people read it and wondered a little themsleves, just did not want to admit it.
I had the same thought cross my mind as Stereodad. I have to start my morning with some Cornfedboy or my day isn't quite right. It's all good fun.
With the kind of tickets I usually get....most live performances........although with the 7X35 ImageStableized Canons....I can usually tell who's playing/singing.
OK, Whatjd, nobody's responded in all this time. Lol. But, very good point. A well known reviewer who shall remain anonymous recently commented, and I agree, that the sound is better in a sweet spot in front of a good stereo system than you would experience at most concerts.

We agree once in a while.

Paul