Phony buyers on Audiogon

Here's the story:
I'm selling an amp and I get an offer from a non-member to buy it at my asking price. No questions about the amp whatsoever.
While I'm a little suspicious what can I do? So I send him my name and address. Never get a check so send him an e-mail. He has no money and can't buy the amp.
Why would someone offer to buy and want my name and address when they don't intend to? Should I be worried?
cdc
Nothing unusual about this. Unfortunately, people, for whatever reason, will want to buy or possess something and out of impulse they will "buy it!!". Explains why a lot of us are in credit card debt. Anyway, it is not uncommon, as another example, for people to bid on your auction and not come through if they win. Apparently, they think they win the item as a prize if they're the high bidder. It's the same with buying - the desire is strong but the money is not there.

If someone should offer me what I'm asking asking with no questions asked or without a lower offer, I would either suspect that either (a) my asking price is too low, (b) they're just kicking tires or (c) they actually want it. If they don't come through, so what. From where I sit, there a plenty of decent folks on this site - one potential buyer who didn't come through shouldn't worry you.
I have always made it a practice to have a live conversation with potential buyer before taking unit off of market. I also believe a postal money order or cashiers check should be sent prior to any COD to cover shipping cost and provide a good faith deposit. If buyer is unwilling to do this move on to someone else.
Belfran, read the A'gon rules for leaving feedback. In this particular case, the guy probably got cold feet. Are lowballers, lookey-loos and phony buyers annoying? Yes. I have had it done to me a countless number of times, but did I feel the need to leave negative feedback or even want to? No. Like it or not, people have the right to change their minds. Life is too short. Lesson learned and move on. The guy wasn't even an A'gon member. Red flag anyone?
Dma,
May be it is about time Audiogon changes its rules for leaving feedback.
No, you are wrong in stating that people have the right to change their minds. NOT if a buyer offers and a seller accepts his offer. This is a binding CONTRACT !!!!!!!!!! If a buyer or seller changes his mind after they have formed a contract, then he is in BREACH of the contract.
If you are saying that you can't red flag a non-Audiogon member, then the management of Audiogon should start think of a new system of either not allow non-members to bid or to leave feedbacks on them.
Next time you bid an item, think hard, you could be sued if you opt out, my friend!!!!!!!!!