Best speaker a wife would tolerate

I HAVE TO HEAR GOOD SOUNDING EQUIPTMENT. MY WIFE JUST TOURTURES ME AND MY GEAR.
WHAT CAN A POOR BOY DO ? SOMETHING SMALLER WITH A SUBWOOFER . HELP BEFORE
THE FENG SHUI LADY SHOWS UP AT THE DOOR
128x128fleone
She might like a pair of Merlins with a dark optional finish. ProAc speakers have a really nice finish too.
My wife hated my Maggie 3.5R's. Her complaint was the size. Although the speakers are not deep, they do have a relatively large "face". After doing research I was prepared to accept the consequences of the trade. One Saturday we went on a speaker hunting marathon, it wasn't that bad there are only three stores that I would consider, with the last being my favorite dealer. We didn't critically listen to any speakers that day. We listened, but just to get a general idea of the sound. I was prepared to end up with a small moniter, but to my surprise she liked the black B&W 801's very much. At that time the Nautilus series was right around the corner and she also like the photo of the N802. We have been back to the store several times and she always asks about the N802, but I took the 801 III's rather than wait. After this long, boring story, my suggestion is to get her involved, make her feel as though her opinion is valuable. Use her opinion and work within her suggestions. Let her pick the color of the cabinet and the grille cloth. There are many great speakers avaliable, so you should be able to find something that does not upset her. Good Luck, Doug
Anything that sounds good when concealed in a cabinet with the doors closed. Good luck.
Not sure what budget you're looking at, but I've a few recommendations - B&W Nautilus 805, Nautilus 802, and Sonus Faber Concerto. They are all great at the pricepoints, and seem to score high on the femme factor. My girlfriend bought our pair of N805s, so they certainly met her approval :-)
My wife loved the NHT2.9's I got, she thought the tight, black lines were very cool, especially in the high gloss finish. I am now getting Vienna Accoustics Mahler in Beach, which happens to match both type of wood and design style of our furniture, so those went over OK as well, although they are a bit big for her taste. She wants my B&W gone... Waaaaaaaaay gone...