Speaker help please for $2000 US

I am in rural Alaska and 450 miles from a shop. I will not be able to listen to my next purchase. I know that is stupid. I have a Parasound 1500A 2ch amp. I have an older Paradigm sub, the PS-10. A large listening room with a vaulted ceiling. I listen to acoustic folk. I am new to the hifi stuff. Please give me some names and models of speakers that I should be looking at on the net please. I like active quick sound. Big base is big not a big need as I am not into the home theater stuff. Any insight you could give me would be appreciated. I have only listened to the Paradigm Studio 100's v2. Thanks
olga
I currently own the Maggie 1.6QRs (well, for a couple more days anyway), and can also recommend them as very enjoyable sounding speakers. While they do require a fair amount of power, your Parasound should be up to the task. I would suggest considering the Dunlavy SM-1 speakers as well. As extremely neutral speakers they aren't to everyone's taste, but I found the Dunlavy's a compelling improvement over the 1.6QRs (or anything else I'd heard). They list for $2k, but can be found slightly discounted at various dealers and you can sometimes find used/demos for about $1500.
I haven't heard these, but the reviews of the following commented on thier speed: Joseph Audio, Triangle, Innersound's Isis (electrostatic), and as above, the 1.6qr. I'm not sure how well the parasound can drive electrostatics, but you might want to check out Martin Logan as well as Innersound. I personally think the Aerius sucks because their highs are so muted and boxed in, but the SL3, which is great, can be bought used for around 2k. I like Monitor Audio too. Thier silverline series is pretty damn good and i bet would go well with you amplification. Those speakers are fast, pretty neutral, less colored than a lot of others in this price range, and have a large sound. Good luck
I think Olga is looking for little bit more "musical" speakers than mentioned above.
If you are willing to buy used speakers, you should consider a pair of Vandersteen 3A's (MSRP is $2800, but you can find relatively new, used version for about $1800). At the used price, the Vandy 3A is an outstanding buy, with excellent range (down to about 28 hz), good soundstaging and transparency, fine balance for acoustic music, and they work quite well with virtually all decent amplifiers. I owned a pair of Vandy 3A's, and now have the 3A Signatures, and I recommend them highly.
I just replaced my 1.6's with a pair of Newform Research R645's. Both sound phenomenal with acoustic music. John at Newform is a great designer and I would recommend calling or emailing him. The 645's are $2265 delivered and you have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee (5 year warranty). The smaller 630's are $1516; he also has blems and demos for less sometimes. Both speakers are unbelievable performers and one would be hardpressed to find this level of sound with comparably priced box speakers. Email me if you'd like any more info/comparisons. Mike