Best speaker for rock music

What is a great, reasonably priced speaker/studio monitor that will really excel on rock/dance/techno? I would imagine this same type of system would also sound great for home theater. I have a small to medium size room, 15' x 13' with cathedral ceilings. I already have a nice audiophile rig but it has the familiar problems with most compressed rock and techno recordings. Thanks, Mike
zenaudio
Nestorovics - Check them out at this site: http://www.savantaudio.com/nest5asr.html I don't have a pair yet, but I'm saving. Best rock speaker I've heard at any price. The sound defies thier looks. Made in Seattle, I don't know how popular they are in the east yet. Has anyone else heard them?
How do you modify Klipsch speakers? I own Klipsch Chorus II's and the Midrange can get very harsh sounding!!! Any help is greatly appreciated. Eddie
Thanks for all the good responses. The Klipsch recommendations really hit home since my first foray into the audiophile game was a pair of Epic CF-2's and they did absolutely rock the house although they weren't the most refined things in the world. What type of modifications will help cure their weaknesses? I also have heard wonderful things about the Avalons, but aren't those bad boys rather pricey? Mike
[email protected],I think you're right, Cory Greenburg likes the NHT 3.3 but Zenaudio's room seems to be midsize, so the 2.5i I think will be good for it. Now I'm using my 2.5i's on my hometheater setup. A very nice all around speaker.
zenaudio: the avalon symbols are $3k, IMHO a quite reasonable price given their performance. it's the big bad boys at avalon that get pricey. ;~)