amp for B &W 801

bought new 801s. Was told I need a high power ss amp to run them well. True? Wanted to get tube monblocks instead. should I do tube or ss? What brands/models work best with my speaker?
johntinear
Bryston 7Bs works good. Am going to experiment with just the 7B for low and uses Canary 301 for high. The Canary uses a quad of 300Bs and according to a few who had tried it, they stuck with it.
Make sure you audition the Wolcotts before purchasing. A great Amp but is a terrible match with Dunlavy 5's which have two 12 inch woofers. I am using Aloi's with inductive power which is awesome ss. Should be great with the 801's. I agree with bi-amping most speakers
I currently use a Threshold SA4E with my 801s with very good results. But would not look over the likes of Sim Audio W-5.
Wait until the new 350 wpc Marsh is out and try it out. You'll have 30 day factory direct. Also suggest you try the Bryston 7BSTs. Both huge bang for the buck. Try them before you spoend big bucks for Levoinson or Krell. If you want to spend get Jeff Rowlands !
I am currently running my N801s with the Pass Labs Aleph 2s. These mono solid state amps sound absolutely fantastic! I am currently in the process of upgrading my pre-amp to the Pass Labs X1 and I am looking for new speaker cable and interconnects. I am completely satisfied with the Aleph 2's (100 watts) ability to drive these speakers to volumes louder than I can stand while maintaining a stunning quality of sound. The problem with finding synergistic components like the Aleph 2s and the B&W N801s is that it causes you to start changing out other components to take full benefit of the combination.