Amplifier for Martin Logan Requests

I currently own a pair of Martin Logan Requests with An Audble Illusions pre-amp. I have auditioned the Calyton Audio M70 monoblocks and they sound good. The only problem is when I play them at high volumes they lose control. I have heard about Bat VK 200 & 500 , Sim Audio W-5 and several tube amps as better alternatives. I would appreciate any comments from ML owners and those who are familiar with these speakers. Thanks
hiflyer
What kind of pre are you using with the BAT Amp. I am currently using a VK5i and need upgrading from my Bryston 4BST. Seriously looking at tubes but the BAT amps go very well with there pre's. What kind of spkr wire/interconnects do you use. Appreciate any info, Thanks
Hey, Dave. Right now I'm using AQ Lapis IC's and AQ Midnight speaker cable. I've had these for years, left over from my Apogee/solid state amp days. I'm pondering upgrades throughout and going back and forth on the silver vs. copper speaker cable thing. I'll probably audition both types from the same manufacturers. I'm using Mesa's matched 5881 tubes right now. Once I sort out IC's/cables I'll play with EL34's, supposed to be more detailed and more delicate although they are not as rugged as the 5881's. The 5881's do sound damn good, though. Also, I found that NOS tubes really helped my Mod3 pre. This is another piece that I'll be upgrading soon (thinking about a Joule). Hope this helps.
I am using lamm m2.1 monos with a lamm ll2 preamp
blows away the conrad johnson premier 5 monos with a class dr5l preamp
3d sound of tubes with more transparancy and control
non fatiguing sound try to get that with krell or other solid state high powr amps impossible
Mitch
I use the plinius sa 100 with my rewired quest Martin
logan,sp cable siltech Ls 120,. sound really good.
I think the krell 300 FPB with cardas wiring they will
do well. I heard this both combinations.You cant go
wrong.