Exemplar Denon 2900. WOW Need owner advice.

I am the very happy owner of a Exemplar Denon 2900. What an incredible player. For you other Exemplar owners:

Two questions.

1. Do you leave the unit in "Standby" mode or do a hard shutdown with the main power button? Anyone know what John Tucker recommends? My concern of course is heat and shortened tube life if left in standby.

2. Do you utilize the "pure direct" mode- shutting off video functions? Is it worth it to do so? (My Stereo rig is completely seperate from any video display...to use "Pure Direct" I'll have to drag a monitor in and temporarily connect the Exemplar 2900 to it to shut the video functions off.)

I emailed John Tucker with these questions,but I think he's working 28 hours a day building units- I have'nt heard back from him.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Dan
danlib1
Post removed 
I cannot give any real review yet, I will say I have spent over 5k on MUSIC in the last 60 days, AND I am actually happy with music. Heh, heh. My search seems to be simmering down awhile. Tvad, I have not received the Apl yet, it was shipped today. But, right now I am SMILING. Wink, wink. Right now I am just using my HT receiver, SS with my system and actually loving it. Now, for me, this is a big change. I am trying to calm down after all the equipment I have bought, tried, sold, returned ect. I will get to serious critical listening when a few more toys arrive. Until then, enjoy the music, and be happy.
Interesting review of the 3910 in this months HFN&RR (uk based mag).
They said the 2900 sounded better than the newer unit. Im not sure if this is attributed to the dac or analogue output stage...if its the dac then perhaps the Exemplar 2900 will become even more sought after.
I didnt read the full review...just the conclusion.
Vikingboy, keep on reading, I know it's easier to believe what you read in print, than what you hear at home. I no longer even think I can go to a audio store, and make an opinion on what I like. I have found that whenever I like the sound of something in a store, it never sound the same in my home. UMM I wonder why. And to think you can trust reviewers, WOW, they gotta get paid somewhere. I like to put my $$$ where my mouth is, yaknow. BTW in MHO to my ears I like the sound of the stock 3910 better than the 2900. I also like the sound of the Exemplar 3910 a lot better than I remember my Exemplar 2900 being. But, since I sold my 2900, before receiving my 3910, I cannot say how much better on redbook. I can say without a doubt that the SACD is GREATLY improved, as well as the video, and my beloved HDCD is WONDERFUL. My 3910 is still breaking in, and without a doubt I feel it betters the 2900, in every way. I love the new remote functions too, as well as it being back lit. I am waiting for john to break in my new Exception II pre-amp with siltech and remote(for my lazy ass)till I write a full review. Suffice it to say, I love the 3910. I am just not sure if I want to keep my black one, or have John mod me a silver one. AAHHHH decisions, decisions.

Gotta go now, listening to the new Elton SACD Capt. Fantastic, and as I leave, I will say it sounds FANTASTIC.
711smilin - is the exemplar mod a 2 channel mod, or a multichannel mod?

How does the exemplar 2900 or 3910 do with multichannel material?