Wadia think about expensive CD Players ?

Hi , I live in an area where its difficult to demo the really high end digital gear. Honestly I dont mind paying a high price for CDP Playback , but w/o a demo , Im wondering if its worth it. Let me define worth it if I may. Will a top of the Line Wadia for example sound clearly better than say a Rega , or a Sony ES. Im not expecting it to trounce it, Im just asking if you have the bucks , is the improvement clearly audible ? Im looking for warm ,detailed involving sound, my speakers are Electrostats, Amp top of the Line Sunfire. Appreciate your thoughts .
transporter
I have compared different levels of players extensively. Say a Rotel 955 or NAD 302 compared to a Rega Planet, the Rega is clearly better, compare the Rega to a Wadia 860x, no contest the Wadia sounds a lot better. Now the comparison between the 2200.00 Audio Aero Prima and the Wadia 860x, to my ear the Prima is another step above the Wadia and for 1/4th the price. If you like warmth and musicality I would check into the Audio Aero gear either the Prima or the Capitole mk 2.

I very much agree with one of the above posts that your system must be up to the task of enabling the best players to show their stuff
Transporter:

I know that this is not quite in the price range of other players (and possibly not in the ultimate performance range), but from what you are describing as your sonic goals, I am wondering if a modified Jolida JD-100 might fit the bill. On the other end of the price spectrum, a decent transport and a Theta Digital Gen VIII is going to be very hard to beat.

Tom.
I agree with Budrew, especially his comment that the differences in players tend to be subtle.

If you want a warmish, musical CD player that can be had for less than $3,000 used (the original version listed for $5,000), the Audio Research CD-3 would be a safe purchase (I chose it to be the CD player in my main system). Only caveat is that it loads from the top, so you need a good four inches at a minimum above the player to permit loading.

Remember that CD players are computers and that, like all computers, the newer designs tend to give you more for your money. I sold my Levinson 37 / 360s combo (a circa 1997 design) for the much newer, much cheaper, slightly better-sounding Audio Research CD3 (2001-2002 design).

You need to make sure your CD player is well broken in (this cannot be overemphasized) and to leave it on 24/7 (this absolutely cannot be overemphasized).

Good luck
Yes I believe CDP 's with upgraded multi stage power supplies function more efficiently with break in and warm up.
Do the experts agree ?