A CD recorder for archiving LP's?

Can anyone recommend a good CD player/recorder. I have thousands of LP's and I would like to transfer some of them to CD so I could listen to them in the car. My analog rig is a VPI with the Aries 2 platter and an SME arm/Clearaudio cartridge. Thanks
128x128barry309
The Pioneer Elite PDR-19 or successors have a good A-D convertor. I don't know of any that automatically write in a seperate track ID for each track on the LP. This is the only drawback I have found in this unit.
When one of my cassette decks died a month or so ago, I decided to transfer my remaining cassettes to cd. I bought a new RCA cd burner on closeout from EBAY for $115, inc shipping. I figured at this price I had nothing to lose. So far it seems to work fine as a recorder. I am hard pressed to tell the cd's from the originals and it seems easy to use. I don't think it is a good cd player. However, it isn't half bad as a transport, if you have a decent outboard dac you can use.
I would look at a Pro unit from Fostex or Tascam. These units have no copy protection and can use the cheaper blank CDR. I have had a Fostex unit for 2 years and it has worked without a flaw. They are a little more expensive but can usually be found on the used market for a good price.
forget all the others look at ebay every day and if your lucky you could bit on a hhb 800 profecional cd recorder, dont buy the 850 or the 830 only the 800 the recordings from lps will bring tears to your eyes, i found one for 550 thats about a quater of what it use to cost, by the way use apogee cd blanks good luck