Can I replaced an attached power cord?

I have a proceed cdp3 cdplayer which comes with a fixed power cord. Is there a way to upgrade this cord to a higher end one?

Arthur
asamuelson
Please mind that you will also add an extra connector instead of having a solid wire to your power outlet.
Thanks to all. Is it worth doing this? Between the adapter and the new cord, it will cost me about $100. This is an integrated cd player that i am using as a transport.
Arthur
If your CD player has a thin lamp cord, a good shielded power cord should be a great improvement. I have switched out the PCs on a couple of inexpensive CD and DVD players and it was noticeably better. A good cord will help block out EMI and RFI interference.
Sonny
As for cost, it all depends on if it's worth it to you.

In my examples, I spent about $50.00 making a DIY 83802 & installing an IEC jack on a relatively inexpensive DVD player; about $20.00 ea. (x2) for a Volex & strain relief to replace the captive PC on some older mono-blocks.

On a personal note, it wouldn't bother me if I saw something advertised for sale & it had one of those adapter boxes on it but that prob. means the item would sell for less than a similar item w/o the mod. Something to consider if you ever decide to sell, unless it's already at the bottom of its price potential.