GRASS ANYONE?

I mean Blue Grass,as in music.
I have expanded my musical tastes a bit into "pop country" Its "ok" but I would rather concentrate on some awesome Blue Grass music.
Any suggestions for some great music??
HEE HAH!!
david99
Bluegrass starts with Bill Monroe. He is to bluegrass what Bob Marley is to reggae -- he invented it.
Many contemporary performers -- Allison Krauss, Sam Bush, Bela Fleck -- have deviated from the classic structure of Monroe's and created a subgenre sometimes called "Newgrass." Some really great stuff.
The Del McCoury Band still plays traditional bluegrass, along with many others, and the recording Steve Earle made with them, "The Mountain," is a must. (Everything Steve Earle does is a must, but this is his pure bluegrass album.)
Many of the songs from "The Mountain" were used in the soundtrack for the movie, "You Can Count On Me."
I'd say check out the reviews and find a decent Bill Monroe recording, but definitely -- "The Mountain."
Nobody plays bluegrass like the "Darlins" from Andy Griffin. They are members of the Dillards. They have some CD's with good bluegrass. Also there is a " pickin" series offered by BMG in which popular artists material is played in a bluegrass style - kind of interesting - I have the Eagles one and I like it.

Ricky Skaggs.....Bluegrass Rules !!!!

As he says...Country Rocks, but Bluegrass Rules !!!
Well, technically not bluegrass, but very interesting stuff. Blueground Undergrass is a really cool band. They are actually kinda like an electric bluegrass jam band. They are interesting as they have a following like a small band of Deadheads. People travel to their shows, record them and post the concerts on the internet for all to use. This practice is embraced by the band and they even allow you to plug into the mixing board to record. Too cool.

Now, this may not be to everyone's taste, but I love it.

Check it out:

http://www.bluegroundundergrass.com/blueground/

Enjoy,

TIC
Amen to the above suggestions: Dave Grisman, Tony Rice, Darol Anger, and ESPECIALLY the SELDOM SCENE with Mike Auldridge; regarded by many as THE best bluegrass. My father (God rest his soul) loved bluegrass, Flatt & Scruggs, and always waxed on about the Seldom Scene. I went to a two-day bluegrass festival in the catskills with dad about 10 years ago and there was a special apearance by the Sceldom Scene and they easily blew everyone else away with superior artistic vision, dynamics, harmonics, basic excellence in songwriting.