GRASS ANYONE?

I mean Blue Grass,as in music.
I have expanded my musical tastes a bit into "pop country" Its "ok" but I would rather concentrate on some awesome Blue Grass music.
Any suggestions for some great music??
HEE HAH!!
david99
yeah clueless,I'za figgered I'd git some uh ya boyz in heaya whit dat thread title.
David99,

The past 7 years have seen 'Bluegrass' move far from its centrist roots and adventure into all sorts of genre.

'String Cheese Incident' is probably the most bastard child of all with electric mandolin complete with distortion pedal. They really are great though.

Guitar driven bluegrass/folk, Tony Rice is always on.
David Grisman with his 'DAWG' music is quite progressive.
Alison Krauss with Union Station is quite solid.

Outside the lines look for Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer and Bela Fleck. Together or solo these guys have redefined the genre altogether.

'Restless on the Farm'-Jerry Douglas
'Howlin' at the Moon'-Sam Bush
'Skip, Hop and Wobble'-Meyer, Barenburg, Fleck?
'Uncommon Ritual'-Meyer, Fleck and Marshall

These would make a good primer.
Check out Rounder Records. Alison Krauss and Tony Rice record on Rounder. Their website with an online catalog and online ordering is www.rounder.com.
Bluegrass starts with Bill Monroe. He is to bluegrass what Bob Marley is to reggae -- he invented it.
Many contemporary performers -- Allison Krauss, Sam Bush, Bela Fleck -- have deviated from the classic structure of Monroe's and created a subgenre sometimes called "Newgrass." Some really great stuff.
The Del McCoury Band still plays traditional bluegrass, along with many others, and the recording Steve Earle made with them, "The Mountain," is a must. (Everything Steve Earle does is a must, but this is his pure bluegrass album.)
Many of the songs from "The Mountain" were used in the soundtrack for the movie, "You Can Count On Me."
I'd say check out the reviews and find a decent Bill Monroe recording, but definitely -- "The Mountain."
Nobody plays bluegrass like the "Darlins" from Andy Griffin. They are members of the Dillards. They have some CD's with good bluegrass. Also there is a " pickin" series offered by BMG in which popular artists material is played in a bluegrass style - kind of interesting - I have the Eagles one and I like it.