Mac sound quality

I'm using the new IMac , burning my CDs in AIFF . Its hooked up to an audio grade power conditioner , power cord and run to a Levinson #360S dac from the digital out through a audio grade digital cable . The sound quality is not nearly as good as my mid fi CD player . Iv'e read many posts saying this type of hard drive is far better than good quality CD players , too many posts to disregard . What am I doing wrong , the other posters were down loading , but can there be that much difference ?
tmsorosk
Absolutely support what Nglazer says. PC Audio is nothing, but a nightmare waiting for the wheels to fall off. Lazy
Manufacturer's Format (Tool) for elimination of Customer
Support to maximize Corporate Profit. Like the CEO in
ROBOCOP says, "Who cares if it (PC Audio) doesn't work
(Half the Time)! It would be nice to hold CDP Manufacturer's feet to the fire if anything goes wrong from
Manufacturer's End, once again. Remember those days? You
also don't have to be a Rocket Scientist just to be able to listen to your Music! Convenient my *#!*#! A__!
Apple computers have been used in professional audio recording environments for more than 20 years. Apparently some people can figure it out, some even did way back in the last century.
Ah, Pettyofficer seems to have a fellow traveler in Nglazer.

We've got a movement here! :)
why dont you try and stream it wirelessly using a SB touch as transport feeding into your dac - that would eliminate all jitter and related output issues.
I just switched to the Rega DAC and synced Itunes to the ATV 1...I'm using a Glass Toslink cable. Sound isn't as good as my old Rotel CDP(running through the DAC)...just doesn't have as much attack and detail. Do you guys think this is a Apple TV thing? Would I have better luck switching to a mini mac(they seem somewhat affordable). Thanks for your advise.

Also, is there a way to get a higher output from the ATV 1? -- the DAC is showing the lowest level.