Best Dac you ever heard

Whats the best Dac people ever heard.
doug99
I think it is pointless to name dacs as the best without describing in detail what you hear from the dac which makes that particular dac the best you ever heard. Otherwise, others reading your post have no understanding of your listening biases and therefore have no basis for comparing one dac against another. With no attempt to be specific about what you hear, there is no communication. It would also be helpful to describe the transport and the other equipment.
I like my Pass D1. Using my SCD-1 and 9000es as transports, it proved to be as musical and detailed as the new Meridian CD player and the EMC-1 24/192 I recently auditioned in my home. I was hoping a one box would beat it, neither did. So I'm stuck w/ my D1 for now. If I could find a transport with an AT&T output to go with its AT&T input, I may even be more pleased with it.

Best Regards, Aaron
The Levinson M360S DAC with M37 transport are fantastic in my system-- no interest in SACD or DVD-A here.

For Rayhall;>) ......SF Line 2 tube pre-amp, McCormack DNA2 Rev. A amp, and Vand. 5 speakers. The 360S is neutral, dynamic, great PRT, non-fatiguing, not "bloomy". It gives music "weight" and has timbral richness in both vocals and instruments.. I love to listen for/to vocal timbre. I like electric blues, rock, new age, pop, c/w, bluegrass-- almost anything but opera and weird jazz. Cheers. Craig.