MIT Love 'em or Hate 'em

Has anyone else noticed that audio stores that carry MIT think there is no better cable type and stores that don't carry MIT all think they are terrible. Is this sour grapes or is something else going on here?
bundy
Kennyb - I agree 110% as I have listened to a Spectral/MIT/Wilson Sophia setup at Sound Decision in Maryland - the most detail I have ever heard. However, despite loving the sound of my MITs in my system, it was too much for me. I pulled out one of my favorite CDs for this demo because it has a not-too-good recording and that is exactly what it sounded like. The back ground noise was unbearable and ultimately turned me off. The point is that there was more detail and transparency than I have ever heard - proof to my ears that MIT will transmit whatever they are handed. Arthur
I'm with you crusty. Not that it matters, but I heard one of those 2C3D systems by Avalon/spectral/MIT/asc--expensive junk.
Maxiepooh - I read your system outline and I agree wholeheartedly that you need filtered wires. If I were you I would consider more MIT for loudspeaker cables ... -or- unload the ARC stuff and replace it with real hi fi.

Your first sacrifice - unload the SP9 and find something like a used CAT SL1 or Counterpoint SA-11. Get some fresh tubes and burn it in ... then take that magicbox out and realize that it was taking the snazzle out of the uppermid/lowertreb glare on the SP9 - and you'll also hear way deeper into the music.

Next - out with the VT 50. Wimpy. Try getting an old Jadis Defy 7 Mk.II or above. Pull the magicbox out and hear the real magic of real tubes done really well. The Mk. I - bad idea, might catch fire. The Jadis combined with the CAT or Counterpoint pushing the Vandies - you'll shit a new VPI Brick after you realize what you've been missing. Especially if you get yourself a nice pair of Kimber 4Ag to drive the 2ce's with.

The 2Ce's are great speakers - they need great electronics in front of them.

Aloha
unclekrusty he da man...he sure knows what he's talking about, at least as far as my pair of ears go!