Virtual Dynamics Recall

I guess everyone knows about the recall on the power 3's. Has anyone already got your cryo treated power 2's yet.
bro57
Hey, thanks for the tip Viggen, I would have never thought of that one. I have four separate cables running to each ProAc monitor. So does that mean I have Audition "shotgun" biwire? Did you just use one cable from each of the positive and negative leads from each channel of the amp? Just leave two cables from each side hanging? I have some Analysis Plus Silver Oval jumpers around here somewhere.
Gee Gunbie, if they're left hanging you don't want them to accidently touch....whoops, this sounds Freudian....well, I mean you don't want anything to short....could you simply try biwire and single and see which way you prefer? Also, can't you piggyback the two rights on one terminal and peggyback the two lefts if you use jumpers? Or maybe the jumpers and two spakes perside are too thick for the terminal to connect? Just a thought....let us know how you do and what works best for you...I'm going to move the cryo power 2 off the cd player and try it on the turntable this weekend..then later I'll try it on the preamp,just to get an idea of how it is doing.....
Gun,

Leave your speaker cables exactly the way they are now and put the jumpers in place.

I used to run AQ Argent to the highs and AQ Midnight to the lows. Now I just have AQ Argent to the lows and using a Goertz jumper.

By forgoing bi-wiring, I snapped the center of the soundstage back into focus with increased cohereny in the midrange. It is much more natural sounding than bi-wiring. The bi-wiring seemed to work before because it compensated for my speaker's lack of dynamics, but this is before using the VD cords.

Now with VD and running full range speaker connection, I get more dynamics, details and coherency.
Ahh, very interesting ideas here. Thanks!

Keeping the biwired Audition speaker cables the way they are and adding jumpers will be easy for me, because the cables use all banana termination and my jumpers are spades.

Bluenose, right now I have Power 2s on my transport, DAC and preamp, and the cryo'd Audition on my amp. I figure the amp will burn in the PC the fastest, then when the other three Auditions come in I'll switch the burned in Audition to the transport and swap out the Power 2s to my home theater.

Viggen, Bluenose, it sounds like the three of us are getting very similar results with Rick's cables and cords. Pretty neat. I have never experienced this type of ethereal, holographic soundstaging in my room before. Not even close. That quality is very seductive, and once everything is settled in I'll have to see how the Golden Cross and Tsunami sound in my system, and which sound I prefer. Not to mention all the tube rolling I have planned as well.

No need for me to buy anything for awhile. Lot's of fun ahead!
It's only been 2 days but I had to make a preliminary report.I've had the P2 cord on the CD player and already I can tell a big improvement,bigger soundstage,less noise with a smoother and more natural tone to voices and instruments,particularly piano.I listened to a good CD recording of a Steinway piano recorded live on a large ambient theatre and I couldn't believe the sound.I could actually hear the strings resonate inside the piano after each sustained note. I plugged my T.V.and DVD into my P2 extension.Although a good cable channel came through before, it now comes close to a good DVD and HDTV.Amazing.I got a shot of double luck on this recall deal.I had ordered a P3 and P3 extension for 50.00 each,and after a little while I have instead a P2(Power 2) of each instead,for no additional charge,and the icing on the cake at no charge,cryo'd.Everyone has to admit that this is the deal of all deals.Rick has taken a leap of faith by probably losing a lot of money initially with this recall situation.I can only hope that he will be rewarded with many future sales based on the rave reviews seen here in these threads.I'm going to tell...uh,ask the wife that I will be trying the Virtual Dynamics interconnects soon.I told my wife that I had reached a plateau in my spending and was going to really start enjoying my system...that was 6 months ago and already I have thoughts of upgrading to the Audition or maybe the Signature or maybe the Nite...any psychologist-audiophiles out there who can tell me what's wrong with me?