Recommend CD Player with Volume Control

I have Magneplanar 3.6Rs and Classe CAM-350 monoblocks and am looking to add a CD player. Since this will be my only source, I am looking for a CD player that has volume control/variable output and I will bypass the preamp. 24 bit, HDCD, and upgradability are definite advantages. Any suggestions in the $2000 price range (new or used)?
ccandte
First of all, how many of you even have a CD player with volume control ,which is what this thread is about? If you don't have one, and are "tired" of me, start another thread, and talk about something else. And Shapiro, what is it you mean by "all I can afford"? Do you meant that you think you are more wealthy than me, and somehow that makes you superior to me?
I think if you check, Carl, you will notice that you spent a fair amount of time in this thread talking about translatability of experiences. Now you have told us that this thread is exclusively the province of discussions about CDs with volume controls. If you want to start setting rules, you have to play by them.
No Carl. I have no idea how wealthy you are, nor do I care. It isn't even relevant. I just wanted to see your Pavlovian response. And you didn't disappoint me. Thanks.
Carl. I wasn't hiding the fact that I own a CD-50 just to be disagreeable with you. You don't merit that kind of attention. My point was, again, that we (music lovers/audiophiles) are never going to hear and enjoy the same things, in music, no matter what systems we are using. Even if those systems are identical. Furthermore, if someone disagrees with you, it's not a personal attack. Enjoy the music!