Bel Canto Dac1

Just replaced my Sony sacd-777 with the Bel Canto. It really is better. It's much smoother, has more atmosphere and is mjust overall more musical. Any thoughts from other Bel Canto owners?
128x128marko445
the bel canto doesn't sound worth a shit compared to maybe 95% of the other stuff out there @ the same mid-fi pricepoint. c'mon, this is suppposed to be hiend; you can't buy into it for $300.
Thank you Joe and Jel. Dreckman is your statement based on listening or do you specifically have a preference? Digital is probably one of the few areas in Hi-End where todays SOA can become tomorrows dinosaur. I have spoken with some industry people who have recommended to me the Bel Canto and have used it with a DVD transport in their show demos. That doesn't sound like chicken S. to me. That is not to say that there isn't better in the opinions of some. BTY since all you did was knock the Bel Canto without any alternative, what do you recommend? The Bel Canto retails for 1295.00 not 300.00. Will
The DAC 1 sounds wonderful in my system, (with a Pioneer DVD 525 as a transport,) and has been well reviewed in Soundstage. (Check the website for the 2 reviews; one with a toslink connection from a DVD transport, and the other with a couple of other dedicated transports.) http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/belcanto_dac1.htm http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/belcanto_dac1_followup.htm I can't say I have had the opportunity to audition 95% of what is out there, but I can tell you I have used both the Micromega Minium and Micromega Stage 4 players, and the DAC1 is better by far. I have no listener fatigue. I have very little non anologue mechanical sound with this set up. Tubegroover, give it a try with those tubes and let us know. Dreckman, did you have to special request that "ahole.org" mailbox? You have not ever heard the DAC1, I am sure. Happy Listening, Charlie.
Does not match with the Muse DVD transport. It made a loud pop when I skipped songs. Bel Canto accepted it back and acknowledged the problem. Purchased the Muse 296, Sounds way better unfortunately at 3 times the price.