Analysis plus oval silver or oval 9 ?

I am wiring my Talon Peregrine X speakers up and i am looking to find a good decently priced cable. (As i need a very long run of it, so it adds up fast.) I think i am going to decide between the Analysis Plus Silver Oval and the oval 9. I was curious what people's thoughts were on the differences between them. I would also consider Acoustic Zen Satori or Hologram if i could find it cheap enough in a 20 foot lenth. Thanks a lot, - Ian
lordgorian
Ian...Try AQ midnight III. It's very reasonable & blows out AP-9. AP sounds veiled, much less dynamic & detailed in comparison. Quite frankly I don't know why AP gets so much press. It's BOOOOOOORING & drained the excitement out of my system.
Hey I have Argents on my highs and Midnights on the lows. But what I really want is to bi-wire with Sterling. However, eventhough Sagger says AP sounds boring, I sorta find that a good quality. It seems all the speakers I like sound boring to most people. So maybe boring to you is good to me. I might look into AP now. So that is the 9 out of the AP line that is getting the thumbs up by audiophiles?
Yup, it's the Copper Oval 9 that got all the good press. The Silver Oval is much more controversial, and gets a lot more mixed reviews both from professional reviewers and audiophiles.

Greg
I presently have oval 9 right now. It sounds great but really i am not comparing it to anything. So really i dont know what im missing. I'll look into the audioquest stuff. Thanks - Ian
Viggen...no offense, but why would anyone like boring sound. Maybe perhaps you mean smooth or laid back as opposed to bright. I'm all for that. A smooth sounding system can still be dynamic, detailed & high in resolution, which is the sonic character I prefer. All I am saying is AP is veiled sounding. My experince was that it masked resolution to the extent where some of information seems to get lost. IMHO it sucks the life out of a system & therefore is boooooring. It may work well in a bright & fatigueging system by taking some of the edge out, but you will still loose detail & dynamics. Simply put...in a high resolution system this wire will not do it justice.