Making cables pretty

What are the best techniques for making cables look pretty. I'm thinking of wiring my rear surrounds with Kimber 4PR. Unfortunately, I'm going to need to wire it along the carpet's edge and then up the wall, since I'm not wiring into the walls right now. Trouble is, the cable is brown, and my carpet and walls are off-white.

Are there any tricks to get the cable to "disappear" (spraypaint? cable covers? tape?).

Thanks,
Matt.
matt8268
Assuming you like your wires other than the appearence, why not get some fabric that compliments your decor and make up some "cable condoms"? Cut it to size, and you (or someone else) sew velcro on the the two edges, and wrap up your cable? Cheap and sensible solution to a WAF issue. ATB, Jeff
My solution is simple, I use PVC water pipe, suspended under my foundation and hide every cable in the system till it rises from the hole in the floor and connects to the equipment.

This should be possible with any pier and beam foundation home and my best friend used this idea with his slab foundation. He had grooves cut in the concrete for the PVC before the hardwood floor was laid.

Those building a new home could easily have the contractor set the PVC in the foundation before the concrete pour.

If you cannot hide them as I suggest, several of the above comments are sensible solutions to covering them up.
Albert - Gee I hope that PVC Pipe is treated with a conductive coating and grounded. I am sure you don't want any static on the line... :-)
- Dan.
I mounted my monos UNDER the speakers onto the floor joists, and threaded the cables up though the baseboard.
Only a few feet of silver ribbon "flows" from the walls.
Ern
Why not pull the carpet up and run them under it along the edge. You will get a slight bulge but visually it will blend better then anything else.