Does my acoustic ideology make me an outcast?

I tend to represent the younger crowd and have always found myself at odds with most Audiophiles. I like my music with heavy bass lines, thick mid bass, and sparkling highs.
Not your Andre Bose type stuff, I still believe in accurate reproduction of sound. I just believe a system should be able to mimic any thing from gunshots to whispers - with all the bandwidth and clarity it deserves.

Somehow I never heard that kind of action from a pair of 901's. So, am I the new generation kicking out the old while they cry, kick, and scream? Or could I just be the next evolution of audio..... even 8 tracks were the sh** when they came out, right?

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios
dynami28
01-03-13: Mapman, Finally someone who gets it! What people should be paying for is skill not brand names, and maybe, just maybe, that can make "Made in the U.S.A." great again.

01-04-13: Antigrunge, I've heard a few setups that acted as you said "less sluggish" but felt like I was listening to part or even most of the answer. I can't quite place my finger on it but I felt like something was missing. This could just be that my idea of what is good differs from others. But still something I would play with in my sound room, if given the chance.

01-05-13: Ejlif, I apologize for constantly answering questions with stories of my past experiences, as I do realize it makes me sound quite egotistical. However if you can read past that, I hope you'll see the content of my discussions are driven by my quest for knowledge, not fame. After all, I come from a large Military family and (unfortunately) ego's and talent are sometimes reinforced and even encouraged. I believe the thinking is that if you're good at something you should be more than confident about it.

P.S. -Re: Bose..... where do I start? Well first off I don't believe that every "older" Audiophile owns a set of 901's. I was only using the Bose name as I expect most of you to know it - as a joke. I believe that anything of unquestionable quality and pedigree, can't be sold in large quantities, with out losing it's appeal.

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios
Who is "Andre" Bose? I have heard of Amar. Is Andre his distant cousin who has now taken over marketing and operations?

Shakey
Andre Bose is a second cousin to Dr. Amar Bose, who sells his knock-off speakers in the mall, right next to Rudolph Lauren.
"What people should be paying for is skill not brand names, and maybe, just maybe, that can make "Made in the U.S.A." great again."

Agree about paying for skill.

PRoblem is, many skilled (and proven) engineers in developed countries do not come cheap. There are exceptions though. I know of at least one or two in the US. Sure there are many more.....
what is an "acoustic ideology" ?

is it of a political nature ?

i have never heard the term before, so perhaps you could define it for me. thanks.