Does my acoustic ideology make me an outcast?

I tend to represent the younger crowd and have always found myself at odds with most Audiophiles. I like my music with heavy bass lines, thick mid bass, and sparkling highs.
Not your Andre Bose type stuff, I still believe in accurate reproduction of sound. I just believe a system should be able to mimic any thing from gunshots to whispers - with all the bandwidth and clarity it deserves.

Somehow I never heard that kind of action from a pair of 901's. So, am I the new generation kicking out the old while they cry, kick, and scream? Or could I just be the next evolution of audio..... even 8 tracks were the sh** when they came out, right?

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios
dynami28
I suggest you look into high-efficiency, SET setups. Compared to those, most big rigs are sluggish and often bloated
01-03-13: Mapman, Finally someone who gets it! What people should be paying for is skill not brand names, and maybe, just maybe, that can make "Made in the U.S.A." great again.

01-04-13: Antigrunge, I've heard a few setups that acted as you said "less sluggish" but felt like I was listening to part or even most of the answer. I can't quite place my finger on it but I felt like something was missing. This could just be that my idea of what is good differs from others. But still something I would play with in my sound room, if given the chance.

01-05-13: Ejlif, I apologize for constantly answering questions with stories of my past experiences, as I do realize it makes me sound quite egotistical. However if you can read past that, I hope you'll see the content of my discussions are driven by my quest for knowledge, not fame. After all, I come from a large Military family and (unfortunately) ego's and talent are sometimes reinforced and even encouraged. I believe the thinking is that if you're good at something you should be more than confident about it.

P.S. -Re: Bose..... where do I start? Well first off I don't believe that every "older" Audiophile owns a set of 901's. I was only using the Bose name as I expect most of you to know it - as a joke. I believe that anything of unquestionable quality and pedigree, can't be sold in large quantities, with out losing it's appeal.

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios
Who is "Andre" Bose? I have heard of Amar. Is Andre his distant cousin who has now taken over marketing and operations?

Shakey
Andre Bose is a second cousin to Dr. Amar Bose, who sells his knock-off speakers in the mall, right next to Rudolph Lauren.