BEST AC CORD UNDER 1000?

anybody has any suggestion for the best AC cord on the market?
i am upgrading all my system and need a set of AC cord, i am thinking to go with psaudio lab cable or black mamba, but after doing some research the whale elite seems to be popular, any recommendation?
dynamics20
Seriously - can anyone explain how an exotic cable could possibly be beneficial when the outlet it is plugged into is wired with standard 12 or 14 guage conductor through a series of twisted connections? Vegasears comment seems logical to me. It makes a lot more sense to hard-wire your system to the panel before spending money on expensive cable. Am I missing something?
Neubilder: If you have not experimented with after market power cords, then you have missed everything. PC's in my system have been inexpensive upgrades when compared to the improvement in sound that has been achieved. Just like any other component you need to find the right cords that suit the system as a whole which can be very frustrating (to me anyway), but worth the effort. I am most concerned about how the music sounds and not how the PC's work. I don't understand how anything else works on a whole (or sounds exactly the way it does), why should I worry about the power cords?
Neubilder, What you say is completely logical and believable. How can adding a few feet of special A/C cord possibly effect the sound after all of the cheap commercial grade Romex inside your walls?
The answer is, logically it should'nt; but in reality it does. Changes in sonics do occur with different power cords(not just the exotic ones either). I dont know if its copper purity, strand size, dielectric material or whatever. I only know that these changes are real and I assure you that niether Dekay nor myself is imagining this. Like I stated in another post, I do not like spending money on wire of any kind, but to get the desired results with all the MUSIC I listen to, I have to support the wire & cable scene. Going back to cheap ordinary junk wire after living with the good stuff, is impossible..........Frank
Neubilder: No, you've got it right. There isn't anything a power cord can do to affect the performance of the device it's connected to. All it does is deliver power.